Master Build Guarantee
We are a member of the Registered Master Builders Federation which represents New Zealand's premier building and construction companies - those who have been proven to deliver the highest quality houses and buildings, and who offer a seven-year registered Master Builders Guarantee. We are so confident with our builds, we offer a 10 Year Master Build Guarantee!
Licensed Building Practitioners
We are Licensed Building Practitioners, as are all our professional partners.
All residential building work is covered by the warranties set out in the Building Act. Shore Construction’s contracts include the below warranties and offer additional guarantees:
- The building work will be done properly, competently and in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- All the materials used will be suitable and, unless otherwise stated in the contract, new.
- The building work will be consistent with the Building Act and the Building Code.
- The building work will be carried out with reasonable care and skill and completed within the time specified, or a reasonable time if no time is stated.
- The household unit will be suitable for occupation at the end of the work.
- If the contract states any particular outcome and the owner relies on the skill and judgment of the contractor to achieve it, the building work and the materials will be fit for purpose and be of a nature and quality suitable to achieve that result.
Depending on the type of building undertaken we always fully insure our projects. We have the following insurances in place:
- Contract Works Insurance - covers damage to the new property in the course of the works.
- Public Liability Insurance – protects damage to third party property (eg. if a pipe bursts and floods a neighbouring property.)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - covers any shortfalls with the design prepared and some contractors and subcontractors whose work includes a large component of design.